Family play activities in parks
Each session will involve one or two simple play activities; this may include mud painting, kite making, traditional games, mini-beast hunts, family forest school, bat walks and more. The sessions will be led by a play officer from the Council’s Parks Department, with support from local play workers. People can drop in at any time; there is no need to book.
Play sessions are being organised by the Council’s parks team and will run from 2 - 4pm on the following dates:
- Wed 22 – Royal Victoria Park Play Area, Bath, BA1 2LZ
- Thurs 23 – Sandpits Play Area, Bath, BA2 1AF
- Tues 28 – Keynsham Memorial Park, BS31 1EB
- Thurs 6 – Woodborough Road, Radstock BA3 3HY
- Thurs 13 – Kelston Rd / Queens Rd Park, Keynsham BS31 2NS
- Wed 19 – Carrs Wood BA2 1RZ
- Thurs 20 – Manor Road Community Woodland, Keynsham BS31 1SF
- Tues 25 – Archery Field, Weston Bath, BA1 2XD
Two evening bat walks are also planned, from 7.45-9pm on:
- Wed August 26 – Staddlestones, Midsomer Norton BA3 2PX
- Thurs August 27 – Keynsham Memorial Park, Keynsham BS31 1EB
Things might get messy, or even wet, so please wear appropriate clothes. All children need to be accompanied by an adult and all accompanying adults are invited to join in the family play.